Here are some Irish theatre/arts related links to check out:
- “Curtain Up on a New Theatrical Era.” A piece worth reading about how economic downturn and funding cuts are affecting Irish theatre, non-profits having to think more commercial, etc. (*In which case, title of next link is perfect–cast a celebrity and market it.)
- “Channing to Play Bracknell in Dublin.” Lynne Parker will direct a new Rough Magic production of The Importance of Being Earnest, with Stockard Channing (of Grease and now The West Wing) as Lady Bracknell. The show will open in June at The Gaiety in Dublin.
- Rough Magic is a fantastic independent theatre company based in Dublin.
- “Pursued by a Bear.” Fiona McCann’s Arts and Culture Blog for the Irish Times online. (Love the title–it’s a nod to Shakespeare’s absurd stage direction in The Winter’s Tale)
- Harold Pinter’s second wife, Antonia Fraser, has just put out a book about their relationship: ‘Must You Go? My Life With Harold Pinter’. Here’s a lengthy piece about the two in The Irish Independent .